How To Style Patterned Pants
I will be the first to admit it took me some time to jump on board with the idea of patterned pants.
In fact, I wrote a whole post about their resemblance to clown pants.
Needless to say, I’ve moved past that.
The more our brain is exposed to a new trend the more we grow accustomed to it and accept it as the new normal.
I haven’t bought a pair of patterned pants in a while simply because I don’t like buying pants.
I hate trying on pants.
My top three list of things I hate shopping for most are; bathing suits, bras, and pants.
In that order.
These new printed pants were on super sale at my consignment store. They were new with tags on, from Anthropologie and were reduced an additional 50%. I had a credit at the store from taking in items I no longer wanted and therefore I was able to walk out with these in my bag without ever opening up my wallet. My husband is ecstatic.
5 No-Fail Tips How To Style Patterned Pants
1. Pair them with a neutral top.
2. Select one of the colours from the print on the pants for your top.
3. If you’re mixing another pattern with the pants ensure that it is either larger or smaller than the print on your pants.
Smaller patterns will read as texture to the eyes.
Another trick with patterns is to have a darker background for one pattern than the other. You can barely see the top I’m wearing below, as it just peaks out of the blazer, but the pattern is on a black background.
4. If you pants are tone on tone in a neutral colour, your choices are limitless for the top colour.
5. Choose a coordinating colour in the same saturation for the top.
I think these new Anthro pants are going to look even better when I finally drop the baby weight.
And by baby I mean Cheezies and peanut butter squares.