A few things that I've learned about Fashion Blogging over the past 11 months.
– When taking photos light is your best friend. Poor lighting and weird shadows can make you look about 20-40 years older and send you into a panic searching online to find the nearest cosmetic surgeon for a full face & body overhaul even if you don't have the cash.
– Taking photos from above can make your face and body appear thinner but it also makes your legs look like tiny baby legs on a grown up body.
– Every little detail about yourself is magnified by a hundred. Do I really smile like that? Is one eye larger than the other? Am I lop-sided? Where did that muffin top come from? Who stole my arms and replaced them with chicken wings? Is that a new mole? When did that get there?
– There are too many lots of great, fun, stylish, gorgeous, funny fashion bloggers & other blogs to follow.
– Having a husband and or friend that is willing to take outfit photos for free is like MasterCard would say… priceless. Thank you! thank you!
– It is expected that not everyone will agree with you. Like I always tell my husband, "when I want your opinion I'll give it to you." Ha ha. I wish.
– There will always be haters, but there will always be lovers too and overall this community has been one big ball of sunshine in my heart from the beginning and it just keeps growing. I'm not a sappy person, but thanks to all my lovely readers that have decided to take this journey with me…from the bottom of my heart. Without you, what would be the point?
Here are some of my favourite style posts from 2012.
I wish you health, happiness and love in 2013!