Healthy homemade apricot coconut granola with a fresh fruit and no fat no sugar yogurt.
I make it myself every couple of weeks. I vary the ingredients depending on how I'm feeling and what I have in the cupboard.
Often I will include dates, golden raisins, cranberries or substitute another dried fruit. You can leave out the coconut and add in more nuts, peacans if you like. I don't like mine sweet (cause I'm already sweet enough) but if you aren't you can add in a bit more maple syrup or honey.
You can also use Agave syrup instead of the honey or maple syrup.
Suzanne's Healthy Homemade Apricot Coconut Granola
8 cups large flake rolled oats
1.5 cups wheat germ
1 cup ground flax seed
1 cup hemp hearts
1 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1 cup slivered raw almonds
1 cup roughly chopped raw walnuts
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 cups dried fruit chopped ( I used apricots )
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Line 2 or 3 large baking sheets with tin foil.
2. Combine the first 9 ingredients in a big bowl, mixing well.
3. In a saucepan add the salt through to vanilla extract (next 7 ingredients) and bring to a boil over medium heat. Pour over the dry ingredients mixing well until evenly coated.
4. Spread mixture on baking sheets and bake until golden (around 20-35 minutes), stirring occasionally to make sure it all browns nicely.
5. Stir in the dried apricots and cool before storing in an airtight container.