Healthy homemade apricot coconut granola with a fresh fruit and no fat no sugar yogurt.
I make it myself every couple of weeks. I vary the ingredients depending on how I'm feeling and what I have in the cupboard.
Often I will include dates, golden raisins, cranberries or substitute another dried fruit. You can leave out the coconut and add in more nuts, peacans if you like. I don't like mine sweet (cause I'm already sweet enough) but if you aren't you can add in a bit more maple syrup or honey.
You can also use Agave syrup instead of the honey or maple syrup.
Suzanne's Healthy Homemade Apricot Coconut Granola
8 cups large flake rolled oats
1.5 cups wheat germ
1 cup ground flax seed
1 cup hemp hearts
1 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1 cup slivered raw almonds
1 cup roughly chopped raw walnuts
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 cups dried fruit chopped ( I used apricots )
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Line 2 or 3 large baking sheets with tin foil.
2. Combine the first 9 ingredients in a big bowl, mixing well.
3. In a saucepan add the salt through to vanilla extract (next 7 ingredients) and bring to a boil over medium heat. Pour over the dry ingredients mixing well until evenly coated.
4. Spread mixture on baking sheets and bake until golden (around 20-35 minutes), stirring occasionally to make sure it all browns nicely.
5. Stir in the dried apricots and cool before storing in an airtight container.
Linking up with Rae Gun Ramblings Your Whims Wednesday Favourite Things
Red Tag Chic Los Angeles says
Thanks for the inspiration….I have to try this!
Sue @ A Colourful Canvas says
Oh, this looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!
I am totally making this–YUM!!
healthy and I bet that state amazing. Thank you for sharing at the hop. xo