Why buy store bought hummus when you can make your own in minutes cheaper and better?
Also don't bother with over salted high fat chips from the store either. Make your own from wraps.
I made this when my girlfriend was here for a light lunch. Just add some veggies and you're done.
1 can of chickpeas rinsed and drained
2 small cloves of garlic peeled
olive oil (about 1/4 cup)
1 jalapeno pepper ( optional but great if you like things spicy )
good squeeze of lemon (about 1.5 tbsp)
a teaspoon of honey
salt & pepper
1. Toss the garlic and jalapeno pepper into your food processor. Process.
2. Add the can of chickpeas to the food processor and mix.
3. Add in lemon juice and honey, mix.
4. With processor running, stream in enough olive oil through spout opening so mixture begins to loosen up and smooth out.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
You may have noted that I don't have any tahini in this recipe. I don't like it, so I don't add it. The honey isn't traditional either, but I think it balances out the lemon.
Spicy Wrap Chips
4 large soft whole wheat wrap breads cut into 8 triangles each
Turn oven on to 375 F.
Spread cut triangels of bread out on baking sheet.
Brush each piece with some olive oil.
Sprinkle with salt, pepper, hot paprika, cayenne pepper and sesame seeds
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Chickpeas are a great way to get some added protein in your diet without the fat.
Linking up with: Favourite Things