Festive Holiday Maxi Skirt Style
I’m delighted with this vintage maxi skirt find. The metallic gold rickrack and rosebud trim make it extra special.
I’ve gone a bit western on my styling here. I blame West World, which if you aren’t watching yet…you need to get on it STAT. My whole universe shifted slightly after reflecting on this series and its perspective on the human condition. Speaking of which, have you watched Black Mirror on Netflix this season? I think it is the best season yet. Almost every episode was eerily close to our current reality. All you Instagramers be sure to watch Nosedive, the first episode where popularity becomes a greater commodity than cash. Sound familiar?
Holiday Outfit Ideas
Do you want to feel like a princess this holiday season?
I don’t care what age you are.
Have you considered changing things up a bit by wearing a maxi skirt instead of your go-to traditional little black dress?
It’s a great alternative.
Yes, maxi skirts are dramatic and luxurious. Especially when they are full and look like they were created with the wave of a Fairy’s magic wand.
The Pros Of Wearing A Maxi Skirt
- They are comfortable, you won’t need to pass up that second helping of dessert. Live a little! Christmas is only here once a year. (Thankfully!)
- You can layer tights underneath if it is frigid outside. No one knows what is going on underneath all that fabric. You could be riding a unicycle for all they know.
- No need to shave your legs. At a time of the year when every second counts this is HUGE.
- Wear comfortable footwear. No need to kill yourself in skyscraper high heels, going with a mid heel or kitten heel is fine. Comfort = Happiness.
- As they are only the bottom half of an outfit the creative possibilities for multiple ensembles are endless.
- They leave a lasting impression.
The Cons Of Wearing A Maxi Skirt
- They can be difficult to manoeuvre in the bathroom, especially if they are extra full.
- Take caution when going up or down stairs as you can sometimes step on the skirt.
- You can accidentally step on the skirt when trying to stand up from sitting.
- Someone else or yourself may accidentally step on the dress when dancing.
- Floor length maxi skirts can get dirty in the snow or rain.
I tend to wear my maxi skirts a little bit shorter to avoid some of these issues. So far, touch wood, I’ve avoided any major face plants or wardrobe malfunctions.
And finally two other outfit possibilities for the holidays with my “new to me” vintage maxi skirt…
The reality is that I could have styled this maxi skirt a million different ways. It is a blank canvas waiting for inspiration and imagination.
Here are a few other choice maxi skirts I’d love to own.
I’m all over that black tulle maxi skirt…